John leads the firm’s employment and litigation areas of practice. He has extensive experience litigating claims in New York State and Federal Courts and has successfully identified and implemented litigation strategies for a diverse array of clients. John has successfully represented clients in state and federal district court for violations of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Federal Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), New York State Human Rights Law, New York State Labor Law. Each of these laws are designed to protect employees in the workplace and provide basic rights.
John has also litigated civil rights violations (1983 claims), claims against large unions who have ignored the rights of their members under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA) and the Labor Management Relations Disclosure Act (LMRDA), and successfully defended small businesses against frivolous claims by their employees.
Additionally, John has prosecuted and defended numerous commercial disputes, personal injury actions and participated in administrative proceedings before New York State and federal agencies. In addition to John’s regular practice, each year he donates a significant amount of time to assisting individuals on a pro bono basis as a private attorney by providing services to the Legal Aid Society of Northeastern New York.
- New York State (2004)
- State of New Jersey (2003)
- United States District Court, Northern District of New York (2004)
- United States District Court, Southern District of New York (2007)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (2015)
- Siena College (B.A. 1998)
- Albany Law School of Union University (J.D., 2003)
- Note and Comment Editor, Albany Law School Journal of Science and Technology
- New York Bar Association
- Member of Labor and Employment Section
- Albany County Bar Association
- Federal Court Bar Association
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- National Employment Lawyers Association