While the causes and types of conduct that may impact your employment are diverse, both New York and federal law protect fundamental rights that all employers are required to adhere. At SMITH HOKE, PLLC, our experience in resolving difficult employment situations keeps us well versed in the complex and rapidly evolving area of employment law. We demand that our clients’ rights under the law is honored. We are well informed of all developments in the law and are prepared to create a comprehensive plan to reach your goals. Our pragmatic approach towards employment cases makes us strong legal advocates. We will help you weigh the costs and benefits of any plan and provide an honest assessment of your options. We are prepared to provide you the information necessary to make sure that you are empowered to make the right decision. No matter your employment background, public or private, SMITH HOKE, PLLC is here to serve you.
We have extensive experience litigating on behalf of employees before administrative agencies, including the New York State Division of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). The members of SMITH HOKE, PLLC are also experienced in litigating employee claims in State and Federal Courts throughout New York State. Don’t go it alone. Let us use our experience and knowledge of the current laws to help you with your employment issues and get you the results you deserve.
We also have also served as independent investigators for organizations who are in need of an unbiased third party to review claims of sexual harassment. It is often a best practice to have an objective investigator look into such claims, as they can provide the organization with the assurance that the investigation and report will be free from improper influence.
At SMITH HOKE, PLLC we are able to plan and implement a wide range of solutions to address the issues confronting you, including:
- Reviewing and interpreting employment agreements, non-compete agreements, trade secret protection agreements, and severance agreements;
- Harassment or discrimination by managers, co-workers, or others in your workplace because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age (40 or older), or disability;
- Denial of a reasonable workplace accommodation that you need because of your religious beliefs or disability;
- Retaliation by an employer because you complained about harassment or discrimination, or assisted with a job discrimination investigation or lawsuit;
- Retaliation by an employer for reporting an illegal or unethical wrongdoings (“whistleblowing”) that may be potentially damaging to the company, employees, or community;
- Wage, hour and other violations of New York State Labor Law and federal Labor Law;
- Claims for unpaid employment benefits
Please call (518)489-5600 to set up an appointment if you are in need of immediate consultation. Our online contact form can also be used to contact us via email. At SMITH HOKE, PLLC we pride ourselves in our responsiveness to our clients’ needs.